1. Take the time to get one on one instruction from a professional dance teacher (take minimum 2 lessons a week to ensure you have the opportunity to ask questions as well as let your instructor correct any poor behaviors early on)
2. Though it’s a dancing class, take a notebook to write down notes so you have something to refer to when practicing on your own
3. Ask you instructor for exercises to work as homework, this will strengthen your muscle memory as well as improve technical skills
4. Find as many opportunity as possible to social dance (including group classes). Dancing is fun and you will be at your best when you enjoy what you do!
5. Practice Practice Practice!!! Remember you are your own worst critic, be patient and have fun!